Saturday 2 November 2013

Week 7: DLLM Reflection




Sometimes it can be hard to accept that you are behind the times and soon be left at the mercy of those who do know the technology. Teachers also have to be creative to teach. The biggest advantage of DLLM is it can attract learners’ attention in classroom.

There are many language learning materials online, all you need are wifi and computer or laptop. Meanwhile, there are also many online learning tools which are free for teachers to create their own language learning materials for learners.

It was fun for a pre-service like group members and I to discuss and create our own DLLM. It makes me feel like I am the one who have the authority to decide what I want to deliver to learners in classroom. 

But, it is not easy for teachers to create a language learning material which consists of SLA theories and teaching-learning principles. There are many things to be considered when create our own DLLM. And also, this might cannot be presented at the school in rural areas. Students in rural areas may not have the equipment to access and experience DLLM.  

As a pre-service teacher, I think DLLM will enhance learners’ learning progress, yet, I know there will be problems and obstacles waiting for me to solve.

No comments:

Post a Comment